Digital asset firm Kraken notes in a blog post that Ethereum (ETH) remains a “driving force” behind cryptocurrency innovation.
The team at Kraken points out that during the past year, Ethereum has played host to an “explosion” in digital art and “created a multi-billion dollar market.” According to Kraken, this has “underlined the need for effective scaling solutions.”
Kraken revealed on May 14, 2021, that it will be supporting three new assets: Rarible (RARI), Aavegotchi (GHST), and Polygon (MATIC).
Deposits for these crypto-assets are available (as of May 14, 2021).
Trading will “begin on May 17 at approximately 15:30 UTC for all assets,” the Kraken team confirmed.
Effective May 15, 2021, trading is “now live for MKR, REN, and ZRX,” Kraken noted while adding that it now “offers trading on more than 60 digital assets.”
Trading for these tokens is “not available to residents of the USA, Canada, Australia, and Japan,” Kraken confirmed.
Rarible (RARI) – The Rarible platform “allows digital artists and creators to issue and sell NFTs.” Rarible’s marketplace “links sellers with buyers interested in purchasing these assets.” By owning RARI tokens, Rarible’s native cryptocurrency, holders “can vote on the proposals that affect the platform, moderate creators, and curate featured artwork.”
Aavegotchi (GHST) – Aavegotchi is “a crypto collectibles game where participants can create their very own ghost avatars as NFTs and interact with the Aavegotchi digital universe.” The value of an Aavegotchis is “determined by its specific physical traits, their accessories, and how many tokens were staked to create them.”
As the governance and utility token of the Aavegotchi metaverse, GHST “enables holders to purchase digital items, including wearables for their avatars, or use them to vote and participate in the game’s development.”
Polygon (MATIC) – Polygon is “a Layer 2 scaling solution for Ethereum that aims to improve the speed, and reduce the cost and complexities of transactions on its network.”
MATIC is “the utility token of the Polygon network and is used for securing the chain through staking, participating in network governance and as a unit of payment for transaction fees on the network.”
As noted in the update from Kraken:
- Funding: “Already available – you can deposit RARI, GHST and MATIC now!”
- Trading: “Starts May 17 at approximately 15:30 UTC (Kraken will enable order entry and execution at this time)”
- Updates “will be posted on the status page near launch time”
Trading Pairs for RARI, GHST and MATIC
- Each new asset “will be available for trading in the following quote currencies: USD, EUR, GBP and BTC.”
- How to deposit: “Navigate to ‘Funding’ > Select the asset. You can find the asset either by ticking ‘Show all assets’ or by searching (e.g for “RARI” or “MATIC”).” Click “‘Deposit’ next to the asset and follow the on-screen instructions.”
Confirmations required before deposits credit
- RARI: 20 (about 5 minutes)
- GHST: 20 (about 5 minutes)
- MATIC: 20 (about 5 minutes)
Services “will be available for RARI, GHST and MATIC on: Kraken, Kraken Pro,” but OTC is not yet available, the announcement from the digital asset firm clarified.
Have a crowdfunding offering you’d like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!