Barclays announced on Thursday the New York Class of 2021 for the Barclays Accelerator, powered by Techstars. According to Barclays, the 13-week program is designed to fast-track the next generation of fintechs.
“Participating companies will collaborate with a team of Barclays executives, the Techstars worldwide network, and other industry leaders to fine-tune their business propositions and solve problems at the cutting edge of financial technology. After three months of mentorship from leading industry professionals, the companies will highlight their progress and showcase their innovative propositions at a demo day this April.”
The 2021 New York class of the Barclays Accelerator, powered by Techstars, are the following:
- Avenify: a startup that is building better financial and career services for people in healthcare, starting with income share agreements for student financing.
- Floodlight: a data platform that enables financial advisors and asset managers to understand non-financial values of their clients, and align assets accordingly.
- GravityAI: a platform for enterprise product teams to explore, test, procure, and integrate 3rd party AI algorithms.
- Humanitru: a CRM and fundraising platform for non-profits so that they can run their operations more effectively.
- Julius Tech: a flexible data and analytics platform that automates the development, deployment and support of data science and machine learning applications.
- LittleNewt: a tax preparation and practice management platform for CPA firms that utilizes AI to instantly create tax returns and accurate, real-time estimates.
- Migrations.ml: uses machine learning to produce the next generation of financial data for the bond market.
- Nossa Data: a platform for corporations to do Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting, data management and analytics.
- Smash: a financial wellness app that creates personalized payment plans for individuals who want to free themselves of credit card debt.
Barclays went on to add:
“With more than 180 alumni companies and 18 programs completed to date, the Barclays Accelerator, powered by Techstars, is one of the largest single-bank-powered portfolios globally, with a valuation of over $1.8 billion. The companies will also be eligible for our Rise Growth Investments, follow-on investment capital solely focused on the companies accepted into the Barclays Accelerator. The funds allow Barclays to invest up to £10m of follow-on investment capital per Accelerator class.”