2020 has been a historically challenging year for all of us. When COVID hit back in March, venture capital dried up and entrepreneurs across the country were panicking. We knew right away that our mission was more important than ever and we had a unique opportunity to help and to provide founders with a much needed, alternative source of capital.
We are extremely proud to say that our team stepped up and, despite all of the challenges, we were able to achieve by far and away our best year ever.
Watch what we accomplished and learn what’s ahead for us in 2021:
To recap, during 2020 we:
- More than doubled both our investment volume and revenue
- Signed up more than 200,000 new investors
- Outgrew the name “SeedInvest”, closing the largest raise in equity crowdfunding history – a $20mm round for NowRx
- Closed some of the other largest equity crowdfunding raises ever conducted online, including a $15 million and $18 million deal
- Lobbied to improve the laws that govern equity crowdfunding, culminating with the SEC recently announcing the biggest changes to online fundraising rules since we helped get the original JOBS Act signed back in 2012
As a result, in 2021:
- We believe online fundraising will become even more common for top startups
- Startups will now be able to raise up to $5 million per year through Regulation Crowdfunding, an increase from just $1.07 million per year
- Companies will now also be able to now raise up to $75 million through Regulation A+
Despite some of the most challenging circumstances most of us have probably faced in our lifetimes, we’re proud that the SeedInvest community did its part to ensure that entrepreneurship and innovation continues to thrive in America.
Thank you for being part of this journey with us.
– The SeedInvest Team
Leave a Reply